This year, Dr. John McKay, President of South Piedmont Community College, received the 2010 Special Recognition Award for his leadership of SPCC and his many contributions to the business community. 2010 Chairperson, Pat Kahle, stated “It is a privilege to recognize the many contributions John has made not only to the business community, but to the entire Union County region during his tenure at SPCC. “
The Chamber also recognized two business leaders posthumously for their outstanding contributions to Union County. Andy Boggs and Phil Hargett were both inducted into the Chamber Business Leadership Hall of Fame for their achievements in business, their contributions to the community, and for their vision.
Kahle listed the Chamber’s many accomplishments in 2010, including completion of an Economic Impact Study, several small business initiatives, and receiving an “Excellence in Communications Award” from the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE).
Tony Herrin, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Union Power Cooperative was named 2011 Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Chamber. Kahle commented, “Tony will be an excellent Chairman for our Chamber as we head into a new and exciting decade for our Chamber.”
This year’s honorees included:
- Lorayn DeLuca (Loryan Deluca Photography)– 2010 Ambassador of the Year
- Marti Stegall (Sparq Solutions) – 2010 Volunteer of the Year
- Phoung Nguyen (QEMS, Inc.) – Minority Business Person of the Year
- Judy Hinceman (Gino’s of Wingate/Jim & Judy’s Kitchen/Catering by Judy) – Business Woman of the Year
- Jon Schrader (Omnova Solutions) – Business Man of the Year
2010 Union County, NC