Vernon Robinson, candidate for US Congress (NC-8) today announced his enthusiastic support for the Tea Party Budget. This plan eliminates our federal budget deficit and pays off the national debt within one generation, without a tax increase.
Vernon Robinson said, “Our nation is in a fiscal crisis. Our legislators and our President have totally abdicated their responsibility to make sure America is strong during tough financial times. There is no spending our way out of this recession.
“If we want to avoid becoming another Greece, then Congress must make real, significant cuts to federal spending WITHOUT raising taxes. The Tea Party Budget is the ONLY viable plan offered that does this.”
The Tea Party Budget, put together by Freedomworks, with input from citizens from across the nation, accomplishes the following:
– Balances the budget in 4 years with no tax increases,
– Reduces federal spending by $ 9.7 Trillion over the next 10 years,
– Shrinks the size of federal government from 24% of GDP to 16%,
– Pays down the debt, with a goal of eliminating it in this generation.
The plan specifically insists that Congress:
– Completely repeal Obamacare,
– Eliminate 4 Cabinet departments, including Education, Energy, Commerce, and HUD,
– Reduce or privatize many agencies including the TSA, EPA, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac,
– End foreign aid to countries that do not support the US,
– Save Social Security and greatly improve SS benefits,
– Give Medicare seniors the right to opt-in to the Congressional health care plan.
These measures, together with real tax rate reduction and reform, will unburden the productive sector and get America back to economic growth and a rising standard of living for everyone.
Vernon Robinson said, “The Democrats have not passed a budget in over 900 days. The Obama Administration has been more concerned with Solyndra handouts and re-election campaigning than with the financial state of America. Establishment Republicans have failed to demonstrate leadership on this issue. And the Supercommittee has not made the difficult choices necessary to save our country from the brink of financial disaster.
“The people of the 8th district of North Carolina require a representative unlike Larry Kissell, who bows to the demands of the Democrat party machine.
The citizens of this country, through the voice of the Tea Party, have joined together to present a budget that is responsible, meaningful, and necessary for Congress to pass now.
I call upon Larry Kissell to accept the Tea Party Budget.”
To date, Vernon Robinson is the only candidate among the 8th District Republican candidates who has publicly endorsed the Tea Party Budget.
For more information, visit Robinson For Congress.
2011 Monroe Scoop